Note on new COVID19 Procedures:
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions prior to your first visit in person and will be asked to read and sign the COVID informed consent prior to your in-person to understand the risks of in person sessions during this pandemic. Everyone who has an in-person appointment will fill out a COVID19 questionnaire before each session to minimize potential exposure to COVID19. If you have been exposed to COVID19 within a 2 week session at ProBalance, please notify our office as soon as possible so we may notify our staff and patients and take proper action to contain the potential for spread.
- Wear a mask to your appointment (NO VALVES) and for the duration of your appointment. You will not be permitted to enter ProBalance without a mask covering your nose and mouth. In addition, please wear clean clothes and avoid “running errands” before your session. If you do not have a mask, we offer KN95 masks for sale for $10 each and surgical masks for $5 each. Arriving without a mask will result either in the requirement that you purchase a mask from us or that you will be charged for a late cancellation if sent home due to no mask.
- Wait in your car or outside before you are signaled to come inside. You may ring the doorbell within 3-5 minutes of your appointment time.
- Please leave large bags at home or in your car, unless to bring any of your soft props (your own Oov, etc). You will be instructed to leave your belongings in specific areas within the studio that we can easily disinfect upon your leaving.
- Wash hands upon entering and before leaving the studio for at least 20 seconds. Hand sanitizer is readily available as needed throughout your session.
- Your practitioner will also be wearing a facemask and perhaps a face shield or goggles.
- Please minimize touching equipment or surfaces unless directed to do so.
- You will be asked to sign (on each visit) a list of questions to ensure that you have not been knowingly exposed to COVID or experiencing any symptoms (sore throat, cough, fever, loss of smell/taste, etc.). You may also have your temperature taken with a touchless device. There will be a “clean pen” and “dirty pen” container when asked to sign or fill out paperwork.
- We will use protective/disposable film on the soft straps of the reformer/trapeze table. For this reason, you will be asked to wear grip socks (please put them on once you arrive to the studio and not before) if you will be performing exercises on our equipment. If you do not have grip socks, they are available for sale within the office.
- We have high quality HEPA air purifiers in all treatment areas. We may turn them on to a higher setting while you are present or just before/after your session to filter the air in the room. They work better to clean the air in a given space when the doors are closed.
- We display the cleaning products (or a list) of what we use for disinfecting the studio and equipment/props at the front desk.
- Please be on time and realize that we will be working on a much more strict schedule of the 50 minute sessions to ensure adequate time to clean/disinfect between patients.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 510-523-1900 or visit our website at http://www.probalancept.com. You may also contact us for virtual appointment information at https://www.probalance.tv.
At this time, we are only accepting essential physical therapy patients for in person sessions. We will alert you as we expand other offerings in person based on government and public health recommendations. The order of return to services will include: Phase 1: Essential physical therapy services, Phase 2: private wellness sessions (by either physical therapists or fitness teachers, Phase 3: small group classes (reduced capacity with social distancing and masks), Phase 4: group classes at prior capacity, masks optional.. For those who have packages of privates or classes, expiration dates will be extended well into the next calendar year or as long as need be for safety reasons.
Note that we have an online membership program called Be Well-Stay Well™ which provides unlimited access to live and on-demand group classes and Q&A’s on a monthly ($39/month or $399/annual) plan. We are also offering virtual private sessions to help serve our patients and clients.
Thank you for supporting The ProBalance® Studio as a local business. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.