COVID19 Procedure Updates (updated 4/6/21):
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions prior to your first visit in person and will be asked to read and sign the COVID informed consent prior to your in-person to understand the risks of in person sessions during this pandemic. Everyone who has an in-person appointment will fill out a COVID19 questionnaire before each session to minimize potential exposure to COVID19. This questionnaire will not be shared with anyone outside of the ProBalance Studio.
- Wear a mask to your appointment (NO VALVES) and for the duration of your appointment. You will not be permitted to enter ProBalance without a mask covering your nose and mouth. If you do not have a mask, we offer N95 or KN95 masks for sale for $10 each and surgical masks for $5 each (as supplies last). Arriving without a mask will result either in the requirement that you purchase a mask from us or that you will be charged for a late cancellation if sent home due to no mask.
- Wait in your car or outside before you are signaled to come inside if the door is locked. You may ring the doorbell within 3-5 minutes of your appointment time.
- Please leave large bags at home unless to bring any of your soft props (your own Oov, etc).
- Wash hands upon entering and before leaving the studio for at least 20 seconds. Hand sanitizer is readily available as needed throughout your session.
- Your practitioner will also be wearing a facemask and perhaps a face shield or goggles.
- Please minimize touching equipment or surfaces unless directed to do so.
- You will be asked to sign (on each visit) a list of questions to ensure that you have not been knowingly exposed to COVID or experiencing any symptoms. You may also have your temperature taken with a touchless device. There will be a “clean pens” and “used pens” container when asked to sign or fill out paperwork.
- You may be asked to wear grip socks if you will be performing exercises on some of our equipment for your safety. If you do not have grip socks, they are available for sale within the office.
- We have high quality HEPA air purifiers in all treatment areas. We may turn them on to a higher setting while you are present or just before/after your session to filter the air in the room. They work better to clean the air in a given space when the doors are closed.
- We use disinfectant cleaners on our tables, Pilates apparatus and props between patients. For maximum "piece of mind", you may bring your own soft props (Oovs, bands, etc.) from home to your session.
- Please be on time and realize that we will be working on our strict schedule of the 50 minute sessions to ensure adequate time to clean/disinfect between patients.
- When possible, please have your payment available (check to ProBalance is always preferred) or a credit card on file so we can minimize the checkout time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Our staff has been fully vaccinated.
To make an in-person or remote appointment, please call our office at 510-523-1900 or visit our website at http://www.probalancept.com. More info on our Telehealth & remote appointments can be found HERE.
At this time (4/6/21), We are accepting Phase 1 and Phase 2 patients/clients and limited Phase 3 (duets if from the same household). We will alert you as we expand other offerings in person based on government and public health recommendations. The order of return to services will include: Phase 1: Essential physical therapy services, Phase 2: private wellness sessions (by either physical therapists or fitness teachers, Phase 3: small group classes (reduced capacity with social distancing and masks), Phase 4: group classes at prior capacity, masks optional.. For those who have packages of privates or classes, expiration dates will be extended well into the next calendar year or as long as need be for safety reasons.
Note that we have an online membership program called Be Well-Stay Well™ which provides unlimited access to live and on-demand group classes and Q&A’s on a monthly ($39/month or $399/annual) plan. We are also offering virtual private sessions to help serve our patients and clients.
Thank you for supporting The ProBalance® Studio as a local business. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.