COVID19 Procedure Updates (updated 6/15/21):
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) as well as local government regulations. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions prior to your first visit in person and will be asked to read and sign the COVID informed consent prior to your in-person to understand the risks of in person sessions during this pandemic. In addition, we will want to know your vaccination status and if there are any concerns you may have (high risk, immunosuppressed, etc) so we can try to optimize a low risk environment.
- Masks are still required for entry into our studio, regardless of vaccination status. We have a hybrid business where the downstairs portion of the studio is considered the healthcare clinic and the upstairs portion of our studio is considered fitness/wellness. Please read our mask policy at the bottom of the page for more details.
- We sometimes lock the front entrance while we are treating patients as there is not always someone at the front desk. You may ring the doorbell within 3-5 minutes of your appointment time if the door is locked and/or wait in your car or outside the door.
- Please wash your hands upon entering and before leaving the studio for at least 20 seconds as good standard practice. Hand sanitizer is readily available as needed throughout your session.
- You may be asked to wear grip socks if you will be performing exercises on some of our equipment for your safety. If you do not have grip socks, they are available for sale within the office.
- We have high quality HEPA air purifiers in all treatment areas. We may turn them on to a higher setting while you are present or just before/after your session to filter the air in the room. They work better to clean the air in a given space when the doors are closed.
- We use disinfectant cleaners on our tables, Pilates apparatus and props between patients. For maximum "piece of mind", you may bring your own soft props (Oovs, bands, etc.) from home to your session.
- Please be on time and realize that we will be working on our strict schedule of the 50 minute sessions to ensure adequate time to clean/disinfect between patients.
- When possible, please have your payment available (check to ProBalance is always preferred) or a credit card on file so we can minimize the checkout time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Our staff has been fully vaccinated.
To make an in-person or remote appointment, please call our office at 510-523-1900 or visit our website at http://www.probalancept.com. More info on our Telehealth & remote appointments can be found HERE.
As of June 15, 2021, we are accepting Phase 1-3 patients/clients, though keep in mind that there may be a wait list for certain services due to heightened demand. As we move into the fall and settle back into "normal," we anticipate that all of our schedules will also ease into a more regular pattern, which should help.
We will alert you as we expand other offerings in person based on government and public health recommendations. The order of return to services will include: Phase 1: Essential physical therapy services, Phase 2: private wellness sessions (by either physical therapists or fitness teachers, Phase 3: small group classes with vaccination requirement, Phase 4: group classes at prior capacity with no restrictions. For those who have packages of privates or classes, expiration dates will be extended well into the next calendar year or as long as need be for safety reasons.
Note that we have an online membership program called Be Well-Stay Well™ which provides unlimited access to live and on-demand group classes and Q&A’s on a monthly ($39/month or $399/annual) plan. We are also offering virtual private sessions to help serve our patients and clients.
Thank you for supporting The ProBalance® Studio as a local business. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
*******MASK POLICY (last amended 7-20-21)
MASK REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME PER LOCAL, STATE, & FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS.
The ProBalance Studio is both a HEALTHCARE FACILITY as well as a FITNESS/WELLNESS FACILITY. All ProBalance Staff has been vaccinated.
DO NOT ENTER PROBALANCE STUDIO IF:
* You have any COVID Symptoms regardless of vaccination status:
* shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
* muscle aches
* sore throat
* new loss of taste or smell
* congestion or runny nose
* nausea or vomiting, diarrhea
* You suspect you have been exposed to COVID or may be sick with COVID-19.
EVERYONE, regardless of vaccination status MUST wear a mask to enter the ProBalance Studio and in ALL parts of the studio, regardless of vaccination, unless otherwise stated by a ProBalance Staff member for the purposes of the treatment where there are only fully vaccinated persons in the room.
GROUP Fitness Classes have a Vaccination requirement so one must show proof of vaccination to participate at this time. During group classes, only vaccinated persons will be allowed in the upstairs room at the time of class.