What you can expect:
1. A fitness screening/movement assessment* conducted by Ada Wells on your first session.
2. A mat or apparatus based exercise program (depending on what you have access to) designed to address your specific needs and supervision for feedback and corrections via videoconferencing.
What you need:
1. A good internet connection Facetime, Skype, or Google Talk downloaded onto your computer/tablet/smartphone
2. A webcam (smart phones and tablets/ipads work well also)
3. Any props you might have (i.e. mat, large towel (36″ towel works great), golf club or dowel, foam rollers, etc.). If you have a reformer or other Pilates equipment at home, I can help direct a workout here as well.
4. A well lit quiet space where you can get the benefits of a workout and where you can easily move around, with minimal interruptions, and still hear me.
Log-In to Virtual Studio
2. Set up a time with Ada. Email email@example.com your Facetime information, Skype account name or Google Talk account name that you plan on using.
3. A short test call prior to your scheduled session will be made prior to your scheduled appointment time to ensure that your videoconferencing set up is working properly.
4. Fill out the prescreen questionnaire on your fitness & medical history and your goals and send it to ProBalance prior to your first session (this will be emailed to you).
5. Once you have received confirmation of our appointment, log onto Skype or Google Talk at the scheduled appointment time and wait to be connected. Note: if you haven’t signed on within 10 minutes of your appointment time, you’ll be contacted via phone to check on status. If you are more than 15 minutes late, then the session will be considered a no-show and you will be charged a cancellation fee of $35 and the session will need to be rescheduled.
* Please note that this assessment and session is not intended to diagnose or treat a medical problem, but it will help to identify movement dysfunctions that might be impairing your ability to move with ease and efficiency as is intended as a wellness/fitness session. If you do have a diagnosis from a MD, DC, or DO, then we can keep that in mind while conducting your session. However, these virtual Pilates sessions are not meant to be a substitute for direct contact with a physical therapist or other health care professional.